Report A Claim
Farnham Insurance Agency would ask that you, the policyholder, report Erie Insurance claims directly to our agency during our normal office hours (Mon - Fri 8:30AM - 4:30PM).
However, all glass related claims are required to be called directly to Erie's Glass Claims at 1-800-552-3743 which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you need to report a claim when our office is closed, Erie Insurance has an afterhours claims service that you can contact directly by calling 1-800-367-3743 which can be used during the evening and early morning hours as well as during the weekend.
Progressive Insurance requires that all claims, regardless of the time or day, be called in directly to the Progressive Claims department at 1-800-274-4499 which is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
What to Do when you have an Accident
Contact our agency for a copy of this specific brochure.
1. Protect your auto and any other property from further damage.
2. Promptly contact the police, if: someone is injured, damage is extensive and would need to be towed, your vehicle has been stolen, or if you need their assistance.
3. Never admit liability or sign a statement unless authorized by your Claims Representative.
4. Obtain all information needed while you are at the accident scene. Information includes:
- Date, Time, and Location of the accident
- Vehicle information such as the year, make, model and license plate # and state.
- Driver information such as name, address, phone number, and drivers’ license #. Also would need same information of the owner of the vehicle, if the driver is different from the owner.
- Where the vehicle damage is located on all vehicles involved including any additional damage to property other than a vehicle.
- Insurance company names and policy numbers of all drivers involved.
- Names, addresses, and phone #'s of any person(s) that may have witnessed the accident.
- Names, addresses, and phone #'s of any person(s) that were injured as a result of the accident.
- Police department name, officer's name/badge #, and an Incident # if the police were present at the scene.
- Report the claim to your agent, the companies closest branch office, or the afterhours claims service as soon as possible. *For your convenience, If you are insured with Erie Insurance, you can also report your loss over the Erie Insurance website at www.erieinsurance.com by clicking on "Access Erie" and then "Claim Reporting". Failure to report the claim to your insurance company as soon as possible can result in an unconditional discharge of coverage under the policy.
- If you are a commercial driver operating a company owned vehicle, you will need to notify your employer of the accident.
Do you know someone who is new to the area or might be looking for a better insurance experience? Send them to our website! We'll be glad to help them!